Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp for Thunderchief / 6 string acoustic / mic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mateo, Jun 17, 2004.

1. mateo

mateo

Jan 5, 2004
    PLease give me suggestions on an amp that I can use as a practice amp for my new Thunderchief acoustic bass. If possible (for under $400) I'd like to get something where I could play through and sing (mic input jack) at the same time and could also be used for my acoustic 6 string as well.

If not possible for that price (including used amps) then I'll stick with a bass and 6 string playing through it one at a time.

How much wattage is enough? I don't need to rattle windows. I just want to hear it over other acoustic instrumentation and singing that is 'mic'ced up or amplified.

Thanks, Matt

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I have a Tech21 Landmark 60 combo that I use with my Thunderchief, and am happy with it.

3. mateo

mateo

Jan 5, 2004
    I haven't heard of it but I will look it up. How much do they cost? Does it come with 2 channels, mic input, etc?

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Carvin AG100D. Cheapo acoustic box with 100W and generally good word of mouth.