1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

amp grills

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Jun 18, 2002.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    does anyone know where i can get new amp grills. I have 2 different cabs now but i kinda want them to match. I was gonna recarpet them in blue or sumthing and put sum chrome or black grills on them. I thought about getting one powdercoated a specific color but then if i want to get the old grill back im screwed. If anyone has any ideas hit me back please.

2. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    Get a metal shop to cut you some out of expanded metal.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Thanks to Nightbass, I learned of a place called McNichols. They're a large supplier of grille like products...don't know if they sell small quantities.

4. URL for McNichols?

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    http://www.mcnichols.com

Ironically, their catalog just arrived today...what a selection of perforated and expanded metal... you could do Eden, Acme, SWR all styles etc, etc, etc.

6. I got some years ago from a sheet metal worker. I just repainted them today. 12 years they lasted. I was the hardest past of building them.
    Rock on
    Benton

7. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    what kind of paint did u use that stuck?

8. I used rustoleum. a powder coat would probably be tougher but rustoleum is good paint.