Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

amp grills

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Jun 18, 2002.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    does anyone know where i can get new amp grills. I have 2 different cabs now but i kinda want them to match. I was gonna recarpet them in blue or sumthing and put sum chrome or black grills on them. I thought about getting one powdercoated a specific color but then if i want to get the old grill back im screwed. If anyone has any ideas hit me back please.

2. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    Get a metal shop to cut you some out of expanded metal.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Thanks to Nightbass, I learned of a place called McNichols. They're a large supplier of grille like products...don't know if they sell small quantities.

4. URL for McNichols?

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    http://www.mcnichols.com

Ironically, their catalog just arrived today...what a selection of perforated and expanded metal... you could do Eden, Acme, SWR all styles etc, etc, etc.

6. I got some years ago from a sheet metal worker. I just repainted them today. 12 years they lasted. I was the hardest past of building them.
    Rock on
    Benton

7. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    what kind of paint did u use that stuck?

8. I used rustoleum. a powder coat would probably be tougher but rustoleum is good paint.