Amp head nuked by guitarist...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Not Mark Westlake, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Hi there,

At a recent practise, I asked one of hte guitarists in our band to plug a lead into the line out on my amp.

Instead of plugging me into the PA via the line out, he plugged the jack into the second output in the parallel loop on my amp head for the speakers, the other of which was going to an Ashdown cab.

My amp didn't like this.

I should probably point out this is a Behringer Ultrabass BX3000T head. No doubt by now this means some people will instantly stop reading/start replying to tell me I'm going to hell or whatever, but basically the guitarist has taken the amp head to a repairer, but the guy needs the schematics. I <i>know</i> I've seen them on here or linked to on here before, but in searches I drew a blank...

If anyone has any help, that'd be great.

The amp is still usable, only you can't use the speaker outputs 'cos you get a horrifically loud booming sound instantly. You can still play via the line out though, as that's what I've been doing.

So yeah, any help/schematics would make my day :)

Thanks for any help,

EDIT: Sorry if this should be in another subforum, I just saw "Repair" and thought it was fitting for that, then realised the rest were all related to the bass itself...
  2. And now you are going to get nuked by the forum mod :D
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    He plugged a speaker tap into the mixer? As in, he plugged a powered output into a mixing board? Thats a definate no no. And you plugged a guitar into a line out? That wouldn't do anything I don't think; an out is not an in. E-mail Berhinger and see if they will do anything.
  4. First off, thanks for moving it :)

P.O.M. - he didn't know which was which, and 'cos it was dark where my amp was he basically just put the jack in wherever he could. The line out was gonna be going to the PA, not a guitar into the line out, in case you got mixed up :)

Moral of the story: Make sure you clearly point out to guitarists which hole is which :p

I was going to quickly check here before e-mailing Behringer, just 'cos I remembered the diagram appearing somewhere, probably in an Ashdown vs. Beh thread, but I couldn't find it anywhere. The list of 500 topics related to it made it a bit harder...
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Ahhhh! I see how that could happen. But even so, that guitarist must be either stupid or a bit blind. Then again, guitarists are always blind from trying to hog the spotlight all the time, especially if they sing too :p Good luck trying to fix it, it may be cheaper to replace it all together though or get a separate power amp.