Amp help needed, channel switching content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funk generator, Nov 3, 2011.

  1. funk generator

    funk generator Supporting Member

    Nov 3, 2009
    Johnson City, TN
    So this has probly been done, but I couldnt find it.

    Pretty simply question. I'm running an Alembic F1-X and a crown macro tech 1200. My alembic has 2 inputs, and I was wondering If There was some peddle like device that would allow me to plug a bass into each and switch them in the middle of a gig. Preferably without huge volume differences between the instruments.
  2. bongomania

    bongomania Commercial User

    Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yep. The simplest/cheapest way is a passive A/B or A/B/Y switch. Morley is one common brand, but there are several others. Radial is better than Morley, and Lehle is the top of the heap. In order to prevent loading or feedback, the channels should be isolated; the Radial and Lehle do that with a transformer.

    The other way is with an active buffered switch, and that's actually going to get you the best functionality per dollar. The Boss LS-2 is a prime example. Active switchers often also allow you to boost any lower-volume instruments up to the level of the higher-output ones.
  3. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Jun 13, 2021

Share This Page