1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp? help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wolldav, Sep 10, 2008.

1. wolldav

wolldav

Apr 15, 2003
    London, England
    Looking to get amp.. need help with decision. Looking for 500-750 watts. Style of playing is finger funk/gospel/jazz, loads of slapping (gospel)!

1. Eden wt550
    2. Mark bass products
    3. Genz Benz shuttle 6.0
    4. Thunderfunk
    5. Eden WTX 500 when it comes out
    6. any more

thanks

d

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Sure, those are all good amps, but you need to play through them to know what you like.

3. Bassmore

Bassmore Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Virginia
    I agree with Rickenboogie

My 2 cents worth says you should at least check out the new Acoustic Amplification stuff with your own ears at your local GC. I did and I'm happily not looking back. I'd be surprised if you are not surprised after you have heard them in person. A whole lotta tonal bang for your buck. They have both a 200W Combo as well as a 200W head along with either a B410 or B115 cab. Their Stack (B200H Head, B410 and B115 cab) goes for about $750, it's a freak of nature as far as I can tell. That’s 200W RMS (Old School Watts). I know you mentioned that you are looking for a bit more power (500 to 700W) and many may not even bother to try out a 200W Bass amp, but this one…you should. It was a total 70’s tonal flashback moment for me when I tried the Acoustic out compared to another, shall we say, “famous” Amp of that era that actually boasted 20 more Watts...peg. :D After you try it out, it may be all the power you need. Just IMHO, but always trust your own ears as many tastes in amp selection may differ as well as different playing styles, playing venues, etc. Oh yeah, if it is to your liking but still not enough power, they should be coming out with the B600H Head in November (450W at 4 Ohm, 600W at 2 Ohm and I'm assuming the same awesome 6 band EQ) and some monster kinda cab to go with it, the head itself going for around $400.00, I think. If nothing else, its worth a try.

Best of Luck,

Play On! :bassist:

Bassmore