1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

amp idea

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Bijoux, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    what do you guys think about an amp with about 4 channels sort of like a powered mixer, I think it's about time for someone to come up with something like that, lots of guys play DB and BG, or have a mic set up plus pick up, it would be much easier, I was just checking www.carvin.com website and i think that they came up with a 100watt combo amp with 3 channels, apparently for guitar and/or bass, I wonder how close they are to the real deal.

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
  3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I've plugged my AMT into one of those on a few gigs. It worked really well.

I'm using a Woods with two channels. I've found that two channels do it for me, as the gig where I have both basses the volume is too high to fuss around with more than a pickup on The Bass....

4. dhosek

dhosek

May 25, 2000
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've always gotten a kick out of their pricing: List $1395.00, Direct: $799.99

Yeesh, if the company doesn't charge list price, what's the point of their BEING a list price?

-dh

5. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Same practice to provide the illusion of large discounts, with other mass market stuff, like Peavey (whose list has always been ridiculously high), GK, Ampeg, etc. I suspect their marketing dept. figure publishing those figures help the gear to better be compared to other systems that aren't sold direct.