Amp is buzzing maybee a blown speaker? Help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Broach_insound, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I just recently began to realize a nasty buzzing in my lil' SWR LA10 practice amp which I just recently bought for practicing in my bedroom etc. The amp is only like 3 months old and I think I may have blown a speaker maybee from all the slaping I have been doing on it. Can someone please tell me how this happens and how I can prevent this from hapening in the future.

Thanx in advance ELLIOTT
  2. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I just got a LA10 for practicing but found the actual speaker to be lacking. Did you replace your speaker and if so, what did you put in? I am planning to replace mine and was doing some research
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Buzzing usually means something is touching the actual speaker cone as it vibrates to make sound. Chances are, that "something" is part of the speaker itself. My guess is the cone has torn away from the surround. It's also possible the speaker gasket has come away and is touching.

The best way to diagnose this is to remove the grill and physically inspect the speaker. You're looking for anything that has come loose, perhaps even a rip or tear. Once we know what we're dealing with, we can advise the best way to fix it.