amp noise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Avril, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Avril

Aug 23, 2002
    I have a Behringer bx1200 and when i'm playing for a bit (usually after 30 minutes) my amp starts making alot of noise while i'm playing. Im not sure how to exactly describe this, but it's sort of like static noise and it cancels out what im playing. I was wondering if anyone knew what was causing this and how i would go about fixing this. thanks in advance.
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Ring Ashdown! They'll know.
  3. Avril

Aug 23, 2002
    ring ashdown? please explain. sorry im new ^_^
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Behringer don't design any of their products. They steal the designs from other manufacturers without permission or compensation. They assemble them using near-slave labour in Asia and budget components - which is why they're so cheap. No overheads and no R & D to recoup.

Their mixing desks designs are stolen from Mackie, their poweramps were stolen from QSC, and their bass amps designs were stolen from Ashdown. The list goes on..........
  5. I'm not an amplifier technician, but it sure sounds like the problem you have isn't something that you can fix yourself Avril. I'd suggest you find a reputable amp repairer and get them to check it out. If you tell us your area maybe someone on here will recommend a service shop for you. Don't put it off 'cause if something blows it may cause even more damage than you would be up for anyway. Maybe someone more knowledgable than myself here could give you some more specific helpful advice?
  6. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    If a) your bass is fine and b) your cord is fine, then your amp is broken.

Try another patch-cord?
    Try another bass?
  7. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    I agree. Also try plugging in a different location and A/C source to be sure your not picking up something that is transferring through you electrical source. Try a different guitar through the amp for the same amount of time. Do you have active pickups? check the battery or just replace it then play for a while. The more you can eliminate the better the tech will be able to help you (and it will cost less if he doesn't spend time checking these things)
    Good Luck!