Amp noob question:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassPlayer95, Jul 29, 2013.

1. BassPlayer95

BassPlayer95

Oct 1, 2011
    Note: Yes, I know this is talkBASS but it really is just a general amp question... I recently got the best guitar ever-A Schecter Damien Elite Avenger-and I've been running it through my bass amp and a bass pedal with very limited effects. Obviously the next step is to get a guitar amp. My problem is this, I want a lot of effects, like a looper, some cool artist designed presets, a few other bells and whistles. The problem is I only really need around 30 watts. I couldn't justify anything bigger. But it seems the smaller you go, the less effects you get. Is there a solution to this? Something smaller with just as many effects as a bigger amp.

Few additional details:
    I play pop, pop-rock, punk-pop, and heavy metal.
    My budget is probably under 300usd.
    I'm okay with buying used.
    I prefer solid state.
    Are there any amps out there that come with built-in drum effects?

2. hypapanuse

hypapanuse Inactive

Apr 2, 2013
    Look at Roland amps. They may be just the ticket for you. They are nearly impossible to find used. People just tend to keep them.

3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

You might want to think about an effects pedal/box. The effects are usually better than built-in amp effects and you could use any amp or direct into a PA?

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 find an amp that sounds good clean. Add fx pedals as desired.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021