Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp-Odissey part2:HAVE YOU EVER USED AN EDEN WT 1000 + an EBS 4x10 in BRIDGE????I

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Amoilbasso, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    Hallo fellow bass-player,
    I NEED YOU! !!!
    PLEASE,LET ME KNOW IF SOMEONE HAS EVER TRYED THE FOLLOWING SYSTEM:
    EDEN WT1000 BRIDGE+ EBS 4x10.
    THANKS!!!
    (To know why,see my previous thread" I'm desperate........"

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Francisco -

ARGH! :(

I'm sorry, I hadn't seen this until you called...I've not been "TB-ing" as much lately, been very busy with gigs and work...

...anyhow, I do hope we are able to solve this quickly, I seriously suspect that there may be a wiring fault in the EBS cabinet. As we discussed, I would check the actual ohms of the cabinet in question. I know from personal experience that the WT-1000 works just fine at 4 ohms bridged, and it does run fine at 2 ohms a side in stereo or dual mono.

Unfortunately, I am unable to plug our WT-1000 into the EBS 410 we have in stock: We do not have the proper cable (bananna to speakon) to allow us to run the WT-1000 in bridged mono into the EBS.

Please let me know what you find out, as we want to try to help resolve the situation as quickly as we can.

3. Amoilbasso,

Check the impedence of the EBS. Be aware that if it's a 4 Ohm box, it will read lower than that on a multimeter. It should be in the region of 3-ish Ohms. If it's much below 3 you may have a problem. Speaker impedence changes as a function of frequency so the rated impedence of a particular speaker is (sort of) what the impedence curve averages out to.
    Keep us posted and good luck,

4. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    Thanks Gard,for your interest in my "amp-odissey"!
    I hope my tech-guy in Florence will have the patience to help me one more time.
    I'll let you know something,as soon as I know.
    There is one thing I did't understand well by phone,due to my terrible english:if we assume that my EBS isn't really 4ohms,why does it work fine in Mono(450 watts @4ohms)?I'm very sorry that I've to ask you again this question...but it's hard to me to talk in english by phone about this stuff,I'm not very good at in italian too!:p
    Thank You!!!

Thanks Mark!
    I really apreaciate your solidarity,and advices!!!
    As I said to Gard,I hope my tech-guy to check my EBS as soon as possible!

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    if the cab is wired wrong or whatever and is at a lower impedance, the amp runs down to 2 ohms a side. that sounds like it could be it to me (although i am no expert).

i feel bad for you, this is the sort of thing that always happens to me... :(

i have done lots of work in the english language (i am currently working on my masters in speech language pathology) you have very good english. keep at it and you'll be better than me! ;)

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'm sure it will be worked out! The reason there would be a problem if the EBS cabinet is not actually running at 4 ohms is that the WT-1000 is rated to run at 4 ohms bridged, but will run fine at 2 ohms in either stereo or dual mono. If the cabinet is actually running below 4 ohms (my guess is that it IS), then there will be no problem with it in stereo or dual mono mode, whereas the WT-1000 will be quite unhappy with the same load in bridged mono.

Please do not apologize for your English, it's definitely better than my non-existant Italian! :D