Amp or ampless for home setup?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vishyyy, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Vishyyy

Vishyyy

Aug 29, 2020
    Looking to change my setup. I mainly play bass at home and write and record in my little studio. I occasionally have a mate over to jam with whose on guitar. I don't play live anymore and can't see myself doing that anytime soon. I currently have a Little Mark 250 Blackline and Ashdown RTM 210 cab. It's ok for noodling but I think it's time for a change.

I was thinking of getting a Mesa d800+ and Bareface 1ten cab. However thinking about it a bit more would it make more sense to go ampless and get some pedals? I mainly write and record and have a Clarret 4pre usb interface and radial DI box. Going ampless would make things more portable if I do ever go to a mates for a jam. I play mainly proggy instrumental stuff and some metal, so I was thinking maybe AOU ultra and a couple of other pedals.

Any advice and views greatly appreciated.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021