Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

amp/pedal electronics forum?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by avast_bass, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Just saw someone suggest this, and I am keen on something like this also! For people who want to build/repair/mod their own amps and pedals.

2. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    That would have been me.

It started with a hunt to find a repair schematic so I can do a few mods to a small combo amp I have kicking around. The thread is in amps, but I worry no one that might actually have the info will ever see it. So much talk about what amp is good that my post on mods/repair will get lost soon enough.

How about a forum dedicated to the repair and/or mod of electronic bass things. Be it an amp, preamp, active pream, effects, etc. An all around place to swap mod ideas and schematics for amps and effects. Would certainly be a good home for the DIY type (like me) who want to make their own stuff sometimes. What do you think Paul? We have one for modding/repairing basses, but it can't get used for amps, so can we have a home for this?