Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp problem question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bluedragon50, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Bluedragon50

Bluedragon50

Feb 18, 2005
    my amp cuts in and out alot, and i know its the amp becuase my bass and chord work fine in my friends amp. so does anyone know what the problem could be. ALSO: my fell over one day, droped about a foot and hit pretty hard. could that have knocked something loose, or sheared one of the chords maybe?

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    More info please...

what kind of amp? SS? Tube/Valve? Are we talking a 30 watt practice combo, or a 1200 watt head?

Regardless, it could be any number of things.

If the fall was the cause, then yes.. you may have knocked a tube or removable lead (like speaker leads on a combo) loose. You might have broken a solder, and an internal wire or component are now making intermitten contact.

If there are tubes, make sure they are all firmly seated in their sockets. If there are are removable speaker leads, make sure they are also tight.

If it's none of the above, or you don't feel comfortable checking those items, take it to your local repair shop and have them take a look.

3. Bluedragon50

Bluedragon50

Feb 18, 2005
    its an RB60 rogue combo amp

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    You're going to want to have that looked at.

Rogue's and other Amps of that market level aren't really "user serviceable" (not that anything is really user-serviceable anymore :meh: )

More than likely, it will be something simple that a competent repair person can handle quickly.

Good luck, and hope this has been helpful