Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RawB103, Oct 1, 2005.

1. RawB103

RawB103

Mar 24, 2005
    Virginia
    My Ashdown rig has failed to work...here is the situation:

I have a Mag 300H head going into an Avatar cab. Last night everything worked fine. Today the head turns on and the fan spins but there is no response from the cabinet. Also the head has a needle that registers the bass playing......there just isn't any noise.

I've checked and double checked with different basses and cords and outlets so I'm pretty confused, the cabinet would appear to be the culprit but then I would at least expect to hear a blown speaker sound or something. I just hear nothing, not even an 'oomph' sound when the amp turns on. It's like there is a mute switch pushed in (impossible because the amp has no mute switch). And again I'm really confused because it was working completely fine last night.

I guess this is me right -> :crying: :confused: :help:

2. If a wire came off in the right place it could do what you describe. Open up the cab and have a looky see or check it with a 9v battery.

3. RawB103

RawB103

Mar 24, 2005
    Virginia
    oh man I hope I don't have to open up the sucker....I'm thinking of taking it in to the local music repair place and seeing what they think

4. I would check the speaker cable, all output jacks of the amp, and all input jacks of the cab.