1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amp problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arii Tahamena, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Arii Tahamena

Arii Tahamena

Jan 3, 2018
    AZ
    Im not gonna lie. Its 5 in the morning and Im tired. And ive already had enough experience on TB to know about sarcastic answers. But I was practicing with my bass and I was trying to turn my amp on and. well no luck. I tried the other outlet and it still didnt work. Now, im a poor teenager who cant afford another amp so advice?

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Well, start with the brand and model of the amp - they're not all the same on the insides.

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Hey, it's 5 in the AM...maybe it's trying to get some sleep, too. Yeah, let us know the make & model and we'll go from there. Hopefully, it's something simple and cheap to fix.

Riis

4. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Arii Tahamena :) did you plug your bass in while playing? :D

okay I 'll stop kidding!! :hyper:

this should be moved to "amps and cabs" (the mods will do that)

and when you wake up you should tell us more about your amp (maybe a pic?)

makes it easier for us to explain where to look (back front...)

Which model?

When did you buy it? (warranty?)

good night

Wise(b)ass

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Both outlets could be on the same circuit breaker. Trp plugging something else into the wall outlet.

Some amps have a fuse on the back of the chassis, if there is one, check that.

If the amp has a detachable cord at the chassis, check that it is properly seated in the connector.

Try wiggling the power cord near the plug. Sometimes cord wires break there.

Sometimes when you are half asleep, you do boneheaded things. Check the volume control on your bass.

If it’s an active bass, maybe the battery is dead.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  6. Loring

Loring

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    plug in the right cable? not trying to be sarcastic but I have a lot of similar looking cables... Then again I plug them all in...

Try something else in the outlet to be sure it works then you know it's the cable or the amp...
    Change the cable - then you know it's the amp.
    Maybe your amp has a fuse (hopefully). These are cheap and easy to change (though not always easy to find...)

Make and model would of course be helpful - maybe your amp isn't plugged into the speakers - though I can't think of an amp off hand that doesn't have an indicator light...

Good luck.