1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JLW, Jan 2, 2007.

1. JLW

JLW

Dec 5, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    I need an amp that's at least 120 watts, preferably closer to 150-200.

I'm going to use it to play small gigs.

It needs to be under $300.

I've seen that there's a bunch of Behringer amps that go for $200, but I've heard some really bad things about them.

Can anyone recommend an amp under $300 that has more than 120 watts that can be used at a small gig?

Is there even such a thing as an amp thats 120+ watts and costs under $300 without it falling apart after a year?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    For under $300 for an amp over 120 watts that won't fall apart, you'd better look at used gear, like Peavey. You should be able to pick up a decent 200 or so watt combo for that price. Peavey is pretty tough and reliable. Some of their very early stuff is still being used today. Peavey gear is all oevr the place. Check your local listings in newspapers that have gear for sale. That way you can try it before you buy it.

New, it's hard to find a good quality bedroom practice amp under $300. Forget Behringer for a reliable gigging amp.