1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spgolfer, Jun 9, 2011.

1. spgolfer

spgolfer

Apr 25, 2011
    Our band is getting ready to start gigging.
    We'll be playing small clubs initially but working our way up.
    These clubs don't have Pa's so we'll be using our own.
    I now have a 125 watt GK amp and a Hartke 400 watt 410 cabinet.
    I'm looking to move up but want to do it as cheap as possible.
    I can sell the cabinet for about $180..
    Here's some used equipment I've seen.
    The first option is an Ashdown combo 300 watts with 2 10's. for $375.
    The other option is a beast. A Kustom 310c, 1200 watts with 3 10"s. It weighs 130 lbs.
    I could also get a 300 watt head but used they are running around $300. Also the cab I have is 8 ohms so to get 300 watts it has to be rated higher.
    We have plans to play bigger clubs so I don't want to have to buy equipment twice, but money is tight so I'm trying to stay under $300 if I can.
    (all the options have XLR outs)
    What are the pros and cons?

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    If you already have a Hartke 410 cab then why not get a Hartke 500W head for $399? Here is a link :Hartke LH500 Bass Amp Head at zZounds, it looks like it will match up with your current cab...good luck :cool:

3. dmrogers

dmrogers Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Eastman, GA
    I'm with waleross, keep your cab and find another head that will work for you.

I would even suggest a Peavey Firebass 700 head. You can find them in your price range. They will give you enough power to handle your cab. It also has a built-in DI, and they are built like a tank.