1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

amp rattling on certain notes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skatekld, Apr 30, 2009.

1. skatekld

skatekld

Oct 9, 2008
    i dropped my amp a few months back and damaged something because when i play, there's a significant rattle/buzz noise combined with the note i play. i can't use this for any gigs unless it is fixed. i brought it to a store to get fixed and just got it back a month later only to find that it's still there ($60). i'm going to bring it back asap.
    what do you think the problem is? the store said it's possibly a cracked speaker but whatever they repaired didn't work. [wouldn't they test it first to see if it's fixed:confused:]
    it doesn't buzz/rattle nearly as much unless I play from the lowest E to around the A

do you think I should bring it back to get it fixed [avoiding additional repair fees too because it wasn't fixed the first time] or maybe ditch it and get a new amp?
    I'm in high school, so I don't really wanna spend the cash on a whole new amp, and I like the one I have. But if I absolutely have to, then I guess I can find a way to make some money.