1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp repair in Florida

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by miner49er11, Apr 25, 2009.

1. miner49er11

miner49er11

Jun 24, 2006
    Jagsonville
    I need some help. I have a 25 yo solid-state Seymour Duncan amp and I need to find a decent repair shop somewhere in the Jacksonville/Gainesville/Orlando/Tampa areas. I need the lo contour (low freq boost) switch (simple SPDT, On-On) replaced on the EQ board. I even know where to get the identical replacement switch! I just need someone to dismantle the amp and replace the switch without doing any damage. Other than that, the amp still works great. I don't want to mess with it, and I don't want to scrap it. Anybody know of a good professional shop?
    TIA
    ~Pete

2. At Central Florida Speaker in Orlando the have an excellent amp tech named Joe Landers.

3. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Did. CFS farms out their amp work now to Brian Hendrix at www.hendrixsound.com in Kissimmee.

BTW, Birddog only works on tube amps, not SS. Brian does work on SS amps, though.

5. miner49er11

miner49er11

Jun 24, 2006
    Jagsonville
    Thanks guys. I'll give a review of the craigslist guy from Jacksonville next week. I'll try him first. He's closer.

6. B duvall

B duvall

Jul 24, 2011
    Jacksonville
    I've used Jicarilla Circuits twice in the last year for two different amps. This guy really seems to know what he's doing. Good thing because we really haven't had a good tech around here since Roy Blankenship left town. I didn't think the old SVT I had was ever going to work right again but he did a complete overhaul on it and now it's my favorite amp!