1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp repair Questions... Tube and solid state

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by csm672, Sep 29, 2011.

1. csm672

csm672

Nov 2, 2008
    Tulsa, OK
    Ok, I have 2 amps that need work. 1st is an Ampeg B200R that I believe the pre-amp tube is going bad. If I tap on the tube should I hear something through the speaker? I can thump it pretty hard and get nothing through the speaker.
    Second amp, an old Kustom 250 tuck n roll. This has the Selectone on channel one. I can't play through channel one though, because every time I play an A# or B it crackles real bad. It only does this on channel one, but that is the channel I want to use. Could I replace the caps in the first channel, or resistors or what? I have never worked on amps before, but I would really like to fix these myself. (I have replaced the tube in the Ampeg before, that's why I think it's the tube now, but some people have said it could be something else like the transformer, so I thought I would ask) So, any suggestions? Thanks