Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp Road Case

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CamMcIntyre, Aug 30, 2002.

1. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey all, wasn't sure if this should go in amps, misc. or off topic even-if i posted this in the wrong forum by all means move the thread. My uncle said he's willing to build me a roadcase/cover for my bassman 200 [he's a great wood worker & also an iron work] & i was wondering which style you guys think would be the best for me. I mainly need something that would protect the amp, provide a bit better protection from the weather, & have casters on it. The style i'm thinking of is a rack case setup [front & back doors come off exposing the back & front of the amp] so that i can have complete access to the front obviously & the different little things on the back of my amp. Would this be the best design for me over a case that it just sits/is connected to the floor board & you take off the top exposing the entire amp? Just thought i'd get your opinions on this-it'll be a few weeks at least before it will be built. thats all, thanks