amp selection. Carvin or Ampeg?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigBbass451, Apr 9, 2004.

1. bigBbass451

Apr 9, 2004
    Hi everyone,

I have got an ampeg svt-350h and an svt-410he cabinet(classic ampeg 4x10 cab) and it is not loud enough. right now it's only running at 200watts because it's at 8 ohms. when i get another cab it will be 350 watts because it will be 4 ohms. Anyways i was just thinking about upgradding to a carvin r1000 or a carvin "mono block" b1500. do u think i should switch or do u think that it will be loud enough after the new cab? thanks for the help guys :bassist: rock on!!!
  2. Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Is the same 350w head into two 4 ohm cabinets louder than it is as 185w into one 8 ohm? Just curious.
  3. Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    I would buy the cabinet first in order to justify wether or not you need a new amp. The second cab will give you a better increase in volume compared to more wattage.

Well, going into two four ohm cabs in parallel would give you a load of two ohms. And two eight ohm cabs will give you a four ohm load. Some amps will not allow a two ohm load, look at the back of your amp to see what the minimum load is. It will be a bit louder due to more watts being able to flow through.
  4. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    stay with ampeg, they ****in rule... mmm i want a svt 3 pro head, and a 8x10 Svt cabinet! :bassist: :D
  5. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I'll give that a 'hell yea'
  6. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    If you are still having volume issues after the new cab, get a SVP Pro or CL and a nice 1K+ poweramp. You'll be set.