1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp setting

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by SolaiBassist, May 23, 2011.

1. SolaiBassist

SolaiBassist

May 5, 2011
    Have an amp with compression bass, treble, and 5 selectable mid (220hz, 450hz, 800hz, 1.6khz, 3khz). How do I set it up for slap, raggae, jazz, and finger style?

2. wonderjosh

wonderjosh

Nov 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX
    :bassist:

3. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Yes!!! Awesome.

4. SolaiBassist

SolaiBassist

May 5, 2011
    Just got an ampeg pf500. It has compression knob, gain, bass, treble, and 5 selectable mids from which to cut or boost (220hz, 450hz, 800hz, 1.6khz, 3khz). I find playing With compression at 12 o clock and boosting bass and treble to 3 o clock while cutting mid at 1.6khz to10 o clock gives a nice slap sound. How do I set it up for raggae, jazz, fretless, and finger style?

5. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Hi, unfortunately you are in the wrong forum; these kind of questions are not what I do. Can you re-post your question in the "Amps" forum. That said, if you were to ask me what the most ideal nano-weight 2000-watt head is for the the reproduction of the full range (10Hz to 50kHz) tone of your 9-string bubinga/g'nok g'nok bass was, THAT would be easily something I could answer in a VERY forthright answer with the full weight of my extensive expertise. Good luck!

JMJ

6. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    how about twitters?

7. jonathanhughes

jonathanhughes Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    If you're not breaking your F# string weekly, you're not slapping hard enough.

8. eoinS

eoinS

Mar 28, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    No. Just no.

9. quoted for hilarity!

10. rosstanium

rosstanium

Jan 5, 2008
    Detroit
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario
    "If you're not breaking your F# string weekly, you're not slapping hard enough."

yes. signature worthy. added.

11. I would've sigged it myself if I didn't already have one I enjoy. :oops: