Amp settings when using a pick?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Urbs, May 3, 2004.

1. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    For bassist out there who use a pick, what settings do you use for different situations? :meh:
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    The first band I was in I tried using a pick with my squire bp-15, i had the volume all the way up, bass all the way up, treble all the way up, and the mids all the way up. It sounded terrible, I'm not helping you at all....sorry...
  3. UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    i play with a pick and keep the bass and mid just over half way and the treble all the way up. i play a mim jazz and both pups and tone are on full. great rock sound to me :)
  4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I don't change my amp (preamp) settings at all, but...
    I have a StingRay5.
    I generally use the single-coil + phantom-coil setting of the pickup selector when playing fingerstyle (sometimes use the Serial pickup setting).
    For playing with a pick or slapping, I use the parallel pickup setting. You could get a similar effect by boosting the bass a bit and cutting the midrange & treble a fair amount.
  5. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    On 2 pickup basses, I use more rear pickup with fingers, and more front pickup with a pick.

For EQ, I like to cut high-mids a bit when using a pick exclusively; otherwise I leave things pretty much flat and just use the pickup selector to adjust the tone.
  6. ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    sansamp Di cut treble bass flat
    eq on Gk 1001rb all flat
    front pick up full
    back pick up 75% on

that's what I do but what do I know.