Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp Setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Hey party people...

Currently i have a peavey mark 3 head and a god awful laney 15" cab....and im soon upgrading (i think...may change to a swr) to a hartke HA2000 and Transporter 15" (2nd hand $1000aus) and then getting a transporter 4x10"...and i was thinking of keeping my peavey head and having my amps setup to have the HA2000 run the 4x10" and the peavey Mark3 to run the 15" (Tim Commerford style) so that way i can use an effect on one output and still have a clean sound....and im not driving the head/s too hard...
    either that or buying a HA3500 and the 2 cabs.....

does anyone do this sorta thing...or have any advice...

Cheers Heath

2. i use 2 amps together(clean/drive) and after many ways of getting the best out of it and not getting too loud, i´ve ended up with this.
    1: splitting the signal from a pedal such as a stagetuner
    2: into a volume-stereo/panpedal(earnie ball)
    that way i can balance the sounds from each amp.
    it´s as simple as that :bassist:

3. the way i was planning (hoping) to do it was run my kubicki straight into the HA2000 then running from the effects out to whatever effects ill have (currently a zoom) then run into my peavey....

and if i run the eq flat on the peavey (no on or off switch) would it be as close to the hartke's eq setting as possible?

cheers

4. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Acme cabinets are now available in Australia (sorry, I don't have the link - the factory is http://www.acmebass.com). That would be my recommendation, powered by a Crown K1 or, if you get the big box, perhaps a QSC PL236.

5. would you go from the lineout from the HARTKE to the pwr.amp in of the PEAVEY ?
    that would work fine

6. i was planning on running out from the effects send on the hartke to the normal intput would be only 1 watt...cos if i ran from speaker output i would be running a 200w line to the input or the peavey...that would distort it for sure