1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp shop recommendations (Mesa/Boogie content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Reverend179, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Reverend179

Reverend179

Jan 20, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Alright, I've got an M-2000 sitting with some weird issues in my garage. It powers up, LED's light up, the switching systems work- but no input. I've taken it to the recommended local guy, he kept it for 8 weeks and then admitted defeat (after stalling me about 5 times) and gave me my deposit back. The two guys within 200 miles of me (Portland, OR) won't touch it/are too busy to look at it. Am I just SOL here? I understand these things are nightmares to work on, but I'd sure like to get it running again. More than willing to ship it to wherever can get it fixed. Any and all recommendations are appreciated!

2. deathness

deathness

Jan 19, 2015
    BKLYN
    Try Mesa directly

Al Kraft, lomo, BassmanPaul and 3 others like this.
  3. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Bring Back Edit/Delete Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Petaluma is a nice day trip from Oregon, and you can finally visit the best wine region on the west coast. I’d contact Mesa...

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'll only echo what has already been said, send it to Mesa for servicing, their customer service is top notch.

Al Kraft and staccatogrowl like this.
  5. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Please contact the factory's service department, this is one that's pretty complicated and the factory techs are well equipped to handle the repairs properly.

6. I just knew you’d drop in with that suggestion Andy! LOL

Common sense is so refreshing whenever you see it! :D

Al Kraft and agedhorse like this.
  7. Reverend179

Reverend179

Jan 20, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Done and done!

staccatogrowl and agedhorse like this.
  8. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    Based on the experiences of many of us who have used Mesa factory service, I'd wager you will not be disappointed. Mesa is one of a handful of manufacturers who provide genuine, "just like in the good old days", professional customer support.

staccatogrowl likes this.
  9. Reverend179

Reverend179

Jan 20, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    So far the Mesa experience lives up to expecation. Richard called me back inside of 8 hours of emailing, and suggested a few things to try out before I sent it in (Which I'd already tried, but how nice is that?). Looks like it'll go to good hands.

shoot-r, Gearhead17, Al Kraft and 2 others like this.