Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp & speakers - Rock n' Roll

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Beammeup, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Dear members of the board.

I need your opinion.

I'm looking for a new Bass Rig. I play Rock n' Roll - and I like it :D

My current Bass Rig:
    Marshall Jubeeli 300 "Silver" Amp (19")
    Trace Elliot 2x15"

Basses:
    Fender Jazz Bass Deluxe 4-str. MIA
    MusicMan Sterling 4-str.

Do you have some good advice regarding a new Bass Rig?

Thanks in advance

Henrik

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I am sold on Ashdown gear (even thou I just bought a Sunn tube head).

I'm real happy with my Mag series but will upgrade to an ABM in the future. I'd get an Ashdown head to put on the Trace 2x15.

...but, Rock -n- Roll == Ampeg :bassist:

3. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I've got an Ampeg SVT stack and it delivers the good old rock'n'roll tube sound, It is pretty pricey and heavy, though. If you want rock'n'roll low end and don't want to hurt your back, I'll go for the Ashdown as well.

4. I too am a R&R'er. Actually I'm lost in the 80's metal genre.

I have found new love with an AccuGroove ElWhappo, and my Mesa/Boogie M-Pulse600. It'll defintely tie your intestines in knots, but with intelligeble notes. Not just a low, loud, indestiguishable hum. If you're into pumping 1/8 notes, each one is a distinct note. Each one hits hard!!!!!!!!:bassist: But if you want to play something a little more melodic, that's where it really shines. The cab will do it all! The M-Pulse will give you all the tube growl, and distrotion you want, the built in compressor is studio quality, and all the local SVT users always come up to me, and ask "what kinda head are you using? It sounds great!!"

Now if they would just tell me how much better I am than they are, that would be even better:D

There it is, my opinion!! Take it witha grain of salt, and treat it with the dignity and respect it deserves, considering what you paid for it.

Later