1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amp / speakon question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Toneman, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    I have a Markbass cmd 121 combo and matching ext cab. My question is can I leave a speakon cable connected to the extension speaker output in the combo while not attached to the other cab. when I use the combo alone? Keeping the cable attached would help me store it in the combo and when I do bring the other cab it's easy to hook up especially in a dark room. I know I might sound pretty lazy but this seems convenient as long as leaving the cable attached doesn't effect the amp?

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Yes. My cables also store inside the case with the amp.

3. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    So as long as the other end of the speakon cable isn't hooked up there's no load on the amp when on?

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Correct and Speakons can't short to anything either.

5. portlandguy

portlandguy

Feb 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Hey, I have the same Markbass amp and thinking of buying the matching extension cab - how do you like it? PM me if you would - thanks

6. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    As impressive as the combo is alone the extra cab turns it into a big sounding rig. Not just more volume and headroom as expected but more bottom and more low end harmonics. I did an outdoor show sunday with the ext cab and like when I first used the combo once again I was extremely impressed. I've owned the 151 traveler and the 210 traveler and they also were killer sounding but my current rig fits in the trunk on my civic and the twelves sound even nicer to me.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021