1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp Suggestions: Need alittle Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lukaville, Feb 21, 2008.

1. lukaville

lukaville

Feb 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    Hey guys

I used to play bass about 7 years ago in a rock band. I had an accident and havent played for 7 years. My old rig was a Fender BXR 200 and a american fender jazz bass (dont have the jazz bass anymore:crying:). I also dont have the amp anymore, but that is not a terrible thing. I was never really happy with it. Right now i am playing a Ocean bass(looks like a Cort bass. I think its a guitar center brand bass). Its pretty cool. I am happy with it. I am also rusty as hell. I have never been really good with amps. I always struggle to get the tone i am looking for. I am looking for a tube amp this time. I was looking at the fender 300 head (havent decided on cab yet). Is this over kill? Also what about the matience on tube amps? How stable are they? I have never owned one. Has anyone owned one? I am looking to play medium sized bars. I use my fingers to pick. I use roundwound stainless strings. Right now i am using a ocean bass but hopefully i will get another jazz bass soon. I play mostly rock and alittle country.