1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

amp suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Apr 10, 2006.

1. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    Hey everyone, I was thinking that I would ask you guys about what you would recommend for an amp. I live in a small town and I dont have a music store that stocks very much. So I thought you guys could give me some advice on what to check out next time im in a bigger music store. So I was thinking about getting something thats around 1000 watts so I that way I wont need to upgrade soon and I can handle playing with a 2 guitarists and a drummer no problem. Im lookings for something thats clean, clear, punchy an amp that has a nice warm fat tone. and recommendations on cabs would be awesome too just with cabs I want to get two 8 so I dont have to carry my whole rig when I play at my church I only have to carry half of it.

2. Price range? I would recommend a GK head with a Bergantino HT cab, although I dunno if you have a Bergie dealer around. An Aguilar 412 would also be awesome.

3. bass_extremes

bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    price range anything goes im looking for something that I going to use for along time. If what I want ends up going into the high price range it doesnt matter. I think one piece of gear I would stay away from is a phil jones tube amp that costs $9995

4. Well if there really is no spending limit, the Sadowsky head is warm, yet very clean and punchy according to Tom and others who have tried it. I want to try one out sometime, and so should you. I would check out the Bergantino HT series as well, maybe a 112 with a tweet and a 112 without? Maybe a HT 210 with 112. They are great cabs for cleantone. Also look for used Trace tube heads, and maybe even a Mesa 400+. If you want something lighter, maybe a GK head or a rack setup or something.