Amp Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MC Bopp Shu Op, Aug 27, 2003.

1. MC Bopp Shu Op

MC Bopp Shu Op

Aug 27, 2003
    I need a new bass amp around 60-100 watts i like to play blues and rock. This will be for small gigs like bars, and home practice. Do you have any suggestions?
  2. cwbassist

Aug 23, 2003
    a gk 400rb bass combo there are 115 and 210 versions of it and it costs about 750 bucks, and it has 240 watts of power and I think you'll need that much unless you want to use the pa, otherwise a fender bassman 60 or 100 will work for you they both have pretty much the same controls, Or if you want buy the peavey tnt 115 combo it has roughly 150 watt of power (I'm currently using this one) and it has a 7-band graphic eq if you want one
  3. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I recommend the 400rbIII for practice only, I own one it's very nice but I need more power and headroom for a bar. GK's are sweet heads and combos, go with a RB700, I'm upgrading to a 1000. When I increase the volume in the bar it clips too much and distorts the sound. I would say spend the extra couple hundred bucks for more power you will be thankful in the long run.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Ashdown Electric Blue or Mag series.

I use a Mag 200 1x12 with success in rock,country,jam situations... some times with PA help, but I stick with musicians that know volume control