Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

amp switcher with a twist

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IvanMike, Sep 3, 2003.

1. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    im looking (ok my guitar player is looking) for an amp switcher which would allow you to take on or two guitar inputs and switch the input to several different amps
    the kicker is, he wants to be able to bring one cabinet to the gig so when you select a particular amp, he also wants that amp's out put simultaneoulsly selected to be the one that powers the speaker
    he'd be bringing 3 or 4 heads and wants to be able to switch between all 4 and when he his the button he wants that amp to get the signal from the guitar and that same amp to be powering the one speaker he'd bring

any ideas?

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Axess-Electronics and Custom Audio Electronics both offer these. The Axess should be a good bit less costly, if I remember correctly, but I don't think it was very cheap, either. There are a few more companies offering these. I can't think of them right now, but when I do, I'll add them.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Forgot to ask: are they tube heads, or solid state, or a combo of both? If they're tube, he'd have to go with one of the above, but if they're solid state, I've been recommended the Lehle for exactly that purpose by Axess-Electronics and Sherlock Audio Rainbow Music Shop).

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    tube of course
    blockhead, bogner, and marshall