I posted last week about a similar issue, but I've narrowed my problem down to this: My Ashdown ABM500 is not a suitable back up for my DB750. I know, don't laugh.... They are nothing alike, but when I got the Ashdown (way before the DB750), I was playing with a quieter band, and my tone goals were different. I still like the squishy sound of the Ashdown- at lower volumes. However, I now realize that I need something that is way tighter, punchier and louder. Occasionally, I need a stand in for my Aguilar DB750. Last night I had to bring my Ashdown and it just didn't cut it. Literally. I boosted the mids and cranked the volume - but there was just no "there" there. I'm being serious, it didn't deliver any of the punch and girth I need. Lower on the list of priorities is that the back up amp be slightly lighter, but that is not the major criteria. Loud, punchy, and tight tone is. Last week KJung suggested I look into the Acoustic Image amps (though I had worded my issue slightly differently in that post). What other suggestions do you guys have for a loud, tight backup for a DB750? Should I be looking into Thunderfunk, AG500, LittleMark 800? Crest CA6 with a preamp? P.S. I play an early 70's jazz bass and I run my amps into an Eden 212xlt 98% of the time. The other 2% I haul out the Ampeg 8x10.