Amp to cab, coated or uncoated cable?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Langueta, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Langueta

    Langueta Guest

    Jul 9, 2007
    I was told to use uncoated (audio cable in my country) to connect a GH 1001RB2 TO HARTKE 4X10....(Different cable that the one the goes from the bass to the amp)
    Coated cable to connect the amp to a dbx compressor (same cable of the bass)
    Its is ok?
  2. You mean 'unshielded' I think. Yes, that is correct.
  3. Langueta

    Langueta Guest

    Jul 9, 2007
    I used shielded cables, to connect the amp to the cabs for some months, that could damage the amp or the heads?
  4. GaryM


    Jul 28, 2006
    Dundee, UK
    I think you mean "shielded cable" (cable apantallado).

    Bass -> shielded cable -> GH 1001RB2 -> un-shielded cable -> HARTKE 4X1
  5. RickenBoogie


    Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Not sure what you call it in S America, but *speaker cable* is what you want, and yes, it can damage your gear using instrument cable.
  6. It is possible, because normal shielded cable has very small wires, which can get hot and short out if you use them that way. They are only for low-level signals, NOT for amplifier-speaker connections.
  7. billfitzmaurice

    billfitzmaurice Commercial User

    Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Duplicate thread.
  8. Using proper speaker cable between amp & cab is being ample covered in your other thread.

    For the compressor, use shielded cable or instrument cable. Make sure you don't use the compressor in the line between the amp & cab.
  9. Kelly Lee

    Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

    Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.