1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp to Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spikyhedgehog, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. spikyhedgehog


    Dec 10, 2004
    I need to mono bridge my ampeg b4r using the binding posts, yet i need to run this into a 1/4" jack socket in the cabinet.

    Is there any easy way to do this?

  2. I'm not that familular with the back of that amp, but my guess is to use a bananna to 1/4" cable. Tons of people make them. (ProCo, monster, ect)
  3. Joe Beets

    Joe Beets Guest

    Nov 21, 2004
    Take your regular speaker cable and cut the jack off of one end. Separate the two wires and strip the plastic off each one about three quarters of an inch. If you have a access to a soldering gun, coat the ends of the wire with solder. This will hold you over until you can get some "store bought" cables.
  4. Jerrold Tiers

    Jerrold Tiers

    Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    You have the older B4R, and it's the old US version, not the export (you imported it to UK).

    Newer ones have the 3 Speakon setup, as do the export models.

    Joe Beets has it, although I would not strip the wire back that far. The binding posts are only 18mm (3/4 inch) or so apart, you don't want them to be able to short together.

    The stem of the post has a hole through. Just strip the cable back about a half inch, and put it thru the hole after loosening the nut. Tighten the nut down on it and you are OK.

    The dual banana will fit US binding posts perfectly, but they pull out fairly easily.

    They also fit the continental style mains outlet, so they are understandably a bit harder to find in the EU than in the USA!