1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp Trouble For No Reason

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JJBass30, Sep 5, 2008.

1. JJBass30

JJBass30

Jul 6, 2007
    So I load my amp into the car to go to band practice it was working fine before I did drove over plugged it in and there was a buzzing coming from the woofer i immediately assumed it was something in the room or the drummers snare but when i got home and tried it out i found the buzzing was diffidently coming from the speaker and was not the rattling off the metal grate also the low end was reduced. So my question is how can this happen and what exactly happened? The amp is a Fender Rumble 100 15 inch speaker

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I blame the Nargles...

3. JJBass30

JJBass30

Jul 6, 2007
    there the most likely candidate so far

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Probably loose connection... your cable, or inside your bass may be the primary culprits.

5. Jeff A

Jeff A

Oct 22, 2005
    CT
    My guess is it could almost be anything. You may want to look into that.

6. OtterOnBass

OtterOnBass

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    I had a problem with the amp distorting and losing low-end. I eventually discovered a missing screw in the head (amp's not mine.) This lead to some component not being grounded. Replacing it solved the problem. Look for lost screws and connections while the amp is off, unplugged and discharged. In other words, don't electrocute yourself. If you don't know enough about electricity, get some help.

7. JJBass30

JJBass30

Jul 6, 2007
    I'll check that but I tried different cables and the electronics in my bass should be alright.

8. JJBass30

JJBass30

Jul 6, 2007
    ok so I take apart my bass find no problems take off the cover of the amp an still see no problems I then reassembled it all and tried plugging in a diffrent bass, no problems. Tried the bass that wasn't working, no problems. Im glad its working but I don't want this happening during a performance

9. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Spares are a good idea.