1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp watts out into 2 ohms and four ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GGman, Jul 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GGman

GGman

Oct 17, 2008
    I see a bass amp saying it is 600 watts and then I find out it is into 2 ohms. What would that amp put out if I had a 4 ohm load and what would it do with just an 8 ohm load?

2. GGman

GGman

Oct 17, 2008
    never mind. I just found my answer from another thread on this forum.

At 4 ohms we are at 450w for the B600H. At 8 ohms its about 275w.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jonathan @ Acoustic
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 8:59 PM
    Subject: Acousticamplification.com Feedback

Munjibunga likes this.
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

It depends on the specific amp head. Tube amps output the same power, the Helborg SS (has an output transformer as tube amps do) put out the same power. Some SS amps actually derate at 2 ohms to the same 4 ohm wattage. Some SS output the same at 8 ohms as they do at 4 ohms by design. So you must talk about a specific amp head model as the designer can have the final say (if the bean counters agree).

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021