Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Theonestarchild, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    I just got a Peavey 400 series amp. It has dual 210 watt outputs at 2 ohms. What cab should I get for this, on a budget?

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    If it's the amp I think, it has 2 jacks on the back, but it has a single channel 210w power amp capable of driving a 2 ohm load (although it has 2 preamp channels).

On a budget, get a used 4 ohm Peavey cab. That used to sit on a 2x15 that got pretty loud.

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    A 4 ohm 410TX can be had for around $200 or less - one of those, or for a little more go Avatar... You'd want to stick with 4 ohm cabs for that head, IMO...

- georgestrings

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Couldn't go wrong with a 2x15...

5. You clearly need an accugroove 210. :confused: Worst thread title ever :)

What style of music? Who ya playin with? What type of sound?

6. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    If you check my profile, you'll see that I've got one as well, I am running mine into a Kustom 1x15 (8 ohm) right now as well as my Hartke 4x10 (also 8 ohm) and the sound kinda reminds me of the old Acoustic setup that I remember. I'm getting rid of this setup though, but I would def. recommend at least a 15 with yours and maybe 2 or 4 10s. Mine didn't sound too good with my 4 ohm 2x12 cabinet.

7. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    I'm looking for a metal sound. You know... punchy loud and kinda muddy all in one.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    You need a Peavey 3620 cabinet then...2x18s and 2x10s...:D