Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Theonestarchild, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    I just got a Peavey 400 series amp. It has dual 210 watt outputs at 2 ohms. What cab should I get for this, on a budget?

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    If it's the amp I think, it has 2 jacks on the back, but it has a single channel 210w power amp capable of driving a 2 ohm load (although it has 2 preamp channels).

On a budget, get a used 4 ohm Peavey cab. That used to sit on a 2x15 that got pretty loud.

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    A 4 ohm 410TX can be had for around $200 or less - one of those, or for a little more go Avatar... You'd want to stick with 4 ohm cabs for that head, IMO...

- georgestrings

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Couldn't go wrong with a 2x15...

5. You clearly need an accugroove 210. :confused: Worst thread title ever :)

What style of music? Who ya playin with? What type of sound?

6. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    If you check my profile, you'll see that I've got one as well, I am running mine into a Kustom 1x15 (8 ohm) right now as well as my Hartke 4x10 (also 8 ohm) and the sound kinda reminds me of the old Acoustic setup that I remember. I'm getting rid of this setup though, but I would def. recommend at least a 15 with yours and maybe 2 or 4 10s. Mine didn't sound too good with my 4 ohm 2x12 cabinet.

7. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    I'm looking for a metal sound. You know... punchy loud and kinda muddy all in one.

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    You need a Peavey 3620 cabinet then...2x18s and 2x10s...:D