1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AMPAGE.ORG AMP TUBES LINK AND MORE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by luknfur, Apr 26, 2006.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Ampage.org - Looks like a good tech head site. Check it out and see what you think.

Mostly guitar oriented it appears but plenty of cross-over and some bass specifics.

In doing a broad spectrum search, there's no indication of mention of this site on TB before yesterday.

I'd been to it before checking out tube info (many of you probably have too) but never had to go through the home page to get there and wasn't aware of all the other stuff on that site till Phil Mailloux brought up in the pup forum that it had pup winding info on it - and it's probably the best source on pup winding I've run across (that's hard to come by stuff).

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Something's wrong with your search string. I've linked there dozens of times through the Firebottle.com portal. It's one of the best online DIY resources I know of, especially for tube circuitry. I got 79 hits doing a TB search on "Ampage" a minute ago.:cool: Probably quite a few are bastardized English, but at least some relate to the Firebottle.com site.

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yep, just got the same thing. Never occurred to me to search for the less than the complete link. Which apparently hasn't been posted cause it was ampage.org that didn't pull anything up.

In pups I wouldn't be suprised but it struck me as strange nothing in amps - or anywhere for that matter.

Oh well, better old news that's common knowledge than new news no one knows about.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Amen to that! A lot of people probably know about the amp forum, but a lot of the value of the resource is in the links to the technical tutorials and other DIY sites. You can get lost for months, literally. Don't ask me how I know this, OK?;)

I've always just had it bookmarked as Firebottle.com/Ampage, which predates Ampage.org by a number of years I think.