1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Ampeg 15" drivers - nonworking

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by tchristian, Nov 13, 2020.

1. tchristian

tchristian Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Missoula, MT
    Price:
    United States
    Non-working 15" Ampeg drivers. Price is zero + shipping.

1) 8 ohm, cast frame, USA out of an SVT-15E. I left the cabinet outside in Montana (yeah, I know). Coil is frozen up. Corroded or worse due to moisture/freeze/thaw cycles. Needs a new voice coil.

2) GONE 4 ohm, stamped frame, China replacement I bought used that worked when shipped but not when it arrived. May simply be a disconnect but has to be taken apart to find out.

I was going to replace the voice coils in one or both but can't spare the time these days. Didn't even get so far as sourcing parts.

Shipping box is 9" x 18" x 18". The USA driver weighs about 20 lbs, the Chinese one about 15 lbs. That should allow you to estimate shipping.

Cheers, theo

Ampeg 15s.jpg Ampeg 15.jpg Ampeg 15 ch.jpg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  2. tchristian

tchristian Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Missoula, MT
    I trashed the Chinese driver today. Kept the "nail picker upper" part!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021