1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 1X12 sound between a 10 and 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Cteam, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Cteam

Cteam

Jun 17, 2012
    Hey, I have a ampeg svt-210av for practice and small gigs, but would like more low end for non-PA supported gigs. I have used an ampeg 1x15 that was ported and was too low for my tastes. Is the 1x12 (I would probably stack two) the best of both worlds?

2. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    The SVT112AV and the SVT212AV sound great IMO.
    Depending on your budget you could also consider the PF115HE, which goes lower than the 210AV, but being sealed and not ported, not extreme low.
    Does this help a bit?

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... not sure it would meet your added needs, but a second 210AV adds quite a bit more of 'everything' over using just one ... ;)

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I would agree with that as someone who uses one or two 210av's on a lot of my gigs, but the low end response will still be the same. A little smoother and bigger, but it will be the same low end rolloff. The 112 and 212av are voiced a bit lower. I've not played the 112av but the 212av is voiced quite similar to the 810e, and I think they would be more up his alley. Lower without getting too low.

5. AndreasK

AndreasK

Jun 11, 2014
    Northern Norway
    If OP wants more of the same low end his getting from a single 210, I would not hesitate to get another 210. Even though it doesn´t really go any lower, it seems a lot fuller and tighter. Along with everything else improving as well:thumbsup: Haven´t played the 1x12, but I´m willing to bet two of those would be awesome too.

6. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    I'd suggest a second 210 as well, but since we're talking ampeg, go with JimmyM's advice.

7. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    If you like the tone you're getting now, I would just get another 210.

IMO 2 210 cabs will give you a bigger, fuller, better tone than 1 112 or even 1 115, and will build on your original sound rather than throwing the whole thing out and starting again.

If you're changing it all around a 212 is a great cab to have, but IMO 2 210's will be punchier, louder and will have the benefit of being modular.