Ampeg 1x15 or 2x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ficelles, Sep 2, 2018.

1. 1x15

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. 2x10

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Can't decide...

I want a flip-top cab for my PF-50t, had decided on a 1x15 but then changed my mind, still can't decide. I've liked 1x15 cabs I've had in the past but am quite impressed with my Markbass 2x10. The Ampeg PF 1x15 and 2x10 cabs are much the same price and I think the same size...

Has anyone tried both?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I had both and liked the 15 better. Sounds fuller and does not fart out as easy.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I've had two 115's and played the 210's many times. The 210 is voiced closer to what a 60's B-15 cab sounds like IMHO but slightly lower in the lows, and the 115 sounds like one in some ways, but has a very big low end that isn't quite as low as the 410hlf but is noticeably lower than a 60's B-15. Pretty shocking low end capability for a sealed 115. I don't know about farting them out...I never needed to be anywhere near that loud :D but either of them will be putting out a pretty darn good amount of music before you get to that point, and with a PF-50T, you won't come anywhere near farting either of them out anyway.

4. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    I’m actually leaning towards the PF-112HLF now... can’t flip obviously but I like the smaller / lighter format.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Love mine.

6. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Just ordered one after finding them at a knock-down price, should be here Wednesday. Assuming it turns up that will mean I’ve scored a brand new PF-50t + PF-112 rig at the price they’re selling for on the used market here...

JimmyM likes this.
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    That's pretty good, man. Hope you dig it!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021