1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ampeg 210av vs Markbass Traveler 102p

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ian_s, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ian_s

ian_s

Jul 10, 2009
    Thinking about a small office cab. The head will be a GK MB200. Has anyone here played through both cabs and have an opinion on which is best?

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I have no experince with the mark cabs but I do have (2)
    of the Ampeg 210Av cabs. I run my SvtCL through them in my house . They are real lite and a good buy . ...Worth looking at ................................:)

3. ian_s

ian_s

Jul 10, 2009
    Update, have done some more intense searching. The conclusion I find is that Markbass Traveler cabs have their fans, but more folks seem to like the Ampeg 210av than Markbass cabs. (Insert caveat about no rigorous sampling in the retrospective survey ;-)

c.f. the 210av has its own monster thread. With some folks saying that they use their LMII on it with happy results.

Which is not to conclude anything, but I'm leaning towards the Ampeg.

4. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    I have the Ampeg av210 and mb200 along with my other gear,that pairing with the GK & Ampeg are great for small
    areas..

5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The Markbass cab will handle more juice than the 210av, but the 210av sounds like what I want to hear in bass whereas the Traveler has an upper mid bump that's in all their cabs, and I could never get rid of it without making the cab sound weird. Meanwhile, the 210av sounds a heck of a lot like a 210 version of my vintage 810 from 1973, which results in an automatic thumbs up from me.