Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg 210SP Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Holy crap, my dad bought this for me! It's my first amp ever, and it's like 200 watts. Hahaha, I am so stoked. I am about to try it out, he's bringing it in right now as I am making this post. :D What are your opinions on the amp?

2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    *somewhere in the distance, a dogs barks*

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Never heard of it, but if it's 200 watts into 2 tens and says Ampeg on it I'm sure it sounds great.

4. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    It has about 15 effects on it, most of them suck :( Except the SVT one, which gives it a growley tube sound. Or that's what the thing says it does. The only problem is that now, because the amp has a overdrive effect that really sucks, I will feel guilty if I buy an overdrive pedal :( Like I'm wasting money :(

5. BLMARTIN

BLMARTIN

Jan 31, 2003
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I played through one the other day and was impressed. I have always liked the 'style control knob for instant tone selection....as apposed to fiddling around with parametric and graphic eq's like my SWR rig. I guess I will be the desenting opinion concerning the affects. Now, I play jazz and R&B and find the filter wah and chorus effects sound great. Maybe they aren't up to pro- standards or recording friendly but man....Try loading around a suitcase full of pedals and patch cables around. Overall, this combo...for the money...is a great wheel in...jam...leave combo that sounds better than just a practice amp with bells and whistles.