Ampeg 210SP Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Holy crap, my dad bought this for me! It's my first amp ever, and it's like 200 watts. Hahaha, I am so stoked. I am about to try it out, he's bringing it in right now as I am making this post. :D What are your opinions on the amp?
  2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    *somewhere in the distance, a dogs barks*
  3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Never heard of it, but if it's 200 watts into 2 tens and says Ampeg on it I'm sure it sounds great.
  4. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    It has about 15 effects on it, most of them suck :( Except the SVT one, which gives it a growley tube sound. Or that's what the thing says it does. The only problem is that now, because the amp has a overdrive effect that really sucks, I will feel guilty if I buy an overdrive pedal :( Like I'm wasting money :(

Jan 31, 2003
    I played through one the other day and was impressed. I have always liked the 'style control knob for instant tone apposed to fiddling around with parametric and graphic eq's like my SWR rig. I guess I will be the desenting opinion concerning the affects. Now, I play jazz and R&B and find the filter wah and chorus effects sound great. Maybe they aren't up to pro- standards or recording friendly but man....Try loading around a suitcase full of pedals and patch cables around. Overall, this combo...for the a great wheel in...jam...leave combo that sounds better than just a practice amp with bells and whistles.