Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ampeg 350 SVT classic and Genz Benz 4x10...good match?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Basschair, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    I know nothing about the head, lots about the cabinet. I'm sure I could look up the numbers, but if anyone has the information, I'm wondering about the real-world sound. So, anyone ever match these two?

2. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    i've got the genz 410. it's badass. game over.

3. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    svt350h?

its kinda weak, it sounds ok, very ampeg, and its solid state.
    all in all... get a 3pro or a 5pro.
    the 350h is little power and weighs too much for a wimpy amp.

4. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Thanks, but actually that one isn't mine...I'm running an Eden. The Ampeg belongs to someone else, who wants to buy my 4x10

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    OK, then, let's make this simple:

If the cab is 4-Ohm, it'll be fine. If it's 8-Ohms, it will be a poor match for the SVT-350H, which only produces a nominal 250W at that load...and I stress that this is a nominal rating.

6. Basschair

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Thanks for breaking it down for me. I should have taken the time to be more specific in my initial post: I have a GB 4x10 that I'm selling (unfortunately). A guy who's considering buying it asked how I thought the Ampeg would "sound" with that cabinet, so that's why I was asking. He's going to bring his head up on Saturday to try it out...if he likes it, cool, if not, oh well. Thanks for the help guys... :)