Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg 4-8's cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Toneman, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Toneman

Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    I was at my local music store today and they brought up from the basement an ampeg svt cab with four eight inch speakers and horn. I dont think its even made anymore. Would like to know if anyone has any expirience wth this rare cab. I have a svt 115 and was thinking about adding an Aguilar 112 but this 4-8 with a horn cab would fit perfect ontop of my svt115 but I'm wondering why this cab. was never popular?

2. I played a B2 combo with 4-8s, and liked it a lot, way better than the single 15"er. Too bad they don't offer it anymore. Anyway, if that's any indication of how the cab you're asking about sounds, I'd say it sounds great. Not sure why they weren't more popular, proabably cuz everyone wants a 4x10.

3. i had an ampeg B2 combo with the 4x8 cab. It was an amazing sounding amp, ........and i actually had the svt-115 as an exetntion cabinet, man what a great rig that was, i got rid of it because i went to a henry the 8x8 with an Svt3-pro. But, man seriously, at least try it out with your 15" and your amp and see if you like it. That cabinet has some serious bottom (the 4x8).

opps i hit the wrong button............lol

moderators cleanup on aisle 1