Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg 410 + 1x15 or 2x10+1x15????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, May 14, 2002.

1. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    Are the two extra tens of the 4x10 and 1x15 setup going to give me that much extra volume?? Or would I be better off with the loud but nicely compacted 2x10 + 1x15??? I'm definitely going with the ampeg svt classic cabs. I play in a Creed, Pearl Jam type rock band. What do you guys think??? I would prefer to have the cheaper smaller cab set up, but if you guys think it's worth the extra mulla then I may go for it. thanks guys.

Josh

2. I dont like the ampeg cabs, but they are light enough that you could get away with carrying the 4X10. I think the extra volume would come in handy. But it depends how many people you play in front of and how many guitars you have to be heard through.....

Most of the time the 2X10 would be sufficient, but the 4X10 would definitely be helpful.

3. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    I have to be heard through 2 guitars. Two Marshall all tube Half Stacks to be exact.

4. Just get the 410. At least at first. Get the 15 later. But skip the 210.

5. oh yeah...if you have to be heard through 2 Marshalls, NO QUESTION you get the 4X10''.....(and the 15'')

6. i have an ampeg 4x10 and an ampeg 1x18, and it cuts through great. Depends on your head though, I've heard some 2x10 + 1x15 rigs that sound good too. Honestly, I wish I had a smaller rig, its a lot to haul around sometimes - until i plug her in :D

Greg

7. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    Do you guys generally like the ampeg cabs for sound, volume and durability?? Just want some opinions, thanks.

8. Sound - yes
    volume - no
    durability - yes

now i have the older model classic series, so that's my prob with the volume - and my head isnt up to the load. The newer ones I've played with an appropriate head sound great.

So, I'm happy generally with ampeg, i just have specific probs to work out with my own rig. Although honestly, i have been looking at a used 2x15 Mesa Boogie RR cab locally that I'm in love with. You know, I just like too much gear, heh.

Greg

9. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    I plan on buying eventually a SVP-pro preamp and a Carvin DCM 1000 poweramp, so I don't think power is going to be a problem for me. What kind of what's are you playing with through your rig Din???? And what is the power handling of those cabs???