Ampeg 410he+Ampeg b4r

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PUNXBASS, May 18, 2005.

Apr 23, 2005
    Hey yall,
    purchasing my new rig. a 410 he and and a b4r with a 4 space SKB rack. im paying 700 for all of it. How does this sound as a deal? will it get the job done of playing over 2 gutiars and drums? the guitarist are at under 100 watts each and can run throuhg our bands PA. I play a Punkish style like the sound of Dropkick Murphys or Bad religion. :bassist:
  2. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Well... it kinda depends.

As far as the price goes, it seems like your getting a very good deal. As long as all of the gear is in good shape properly functioning then you got your money's worth.

As far as volume goes, it depends how you run it. I think you should definately run it bridged at 700Watts. The cab should be able to handle it ok. In the end, you wont be able to go and play outdoor festivals or something massive, but you can definately play shows with that rig.

The good part is that you also have room for expansion. If your guitar players upgrade their equipment and get big halfstacks, you'd be able to match them by purchasing another one of the same cabs (which luckily arent too expensive used) and run at 1000Watts bridged.... but the big source of the volume increase would come from the addition of more speakers. Ampeg's SVT cabs arent the best in the world, but they're ok for stuff like punk and pop rock.

Another option... if you outgrow your current rig, you can convert to different and/or more efficient speakers. You could pick up an Avatar Fullstack for something around $600-$700.... which would give you more power handling and something bigger than 10's. Or you could get a Schroeder and get all the volume you'd ever need. There's lots of options with 1000Watts are your disposal.

But yeah... overall I think you got a good deal. You should definately be set for a while.