Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ampeg 410he and eden d210xlt- good together?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dr.corcles, Oct 26, 2004.

1. dr.corcles

dr.corcles

Oct 26, 2004
    I have an Ampeg SVT classic head and Ampeg 410he already. I really dig the sound of the ampeg 610hlf, but I don't want to go through the trouble of selling the 410 to get the 610hlf. Would adding an Eden 210xlt be a good move? Would it have as much low end as the 610hlf (nice low end with the ports)? I'm mainly considering Eden b/c of quality, power (350 RMS) and impedence (I need an 8 ohm cab). I have no way of testing this out, as there is no Eden dealer anywhere near me, so I am relying on friendly advice. Thanks!

2. Dont change it, i had the 610 hlf cab with my SVTCL and i was always having problems with high volume boom and very dark sounding. Its nothing like the Fridge 810 cabs which are not ported and have individual sections in the main cab for each of the 10" which makes them very punchy and loud.

I sold my SVT610 and got the SVT15E ( excellent ) and the SVT410HE ( not bad ) the two together was perfect match for ampeg all the tone came out , growl and punch and it is easier to transport. I did also try the SVT15E with the SVT210HE and this is a good stack but a bit of a struggle for the 2 x 10 at times at large venues.

I thought the 610hlf was the dream cab but for me it was horrible , in the words of Nickelback -- Never again !!

3. ampeglb100

ampeglb100

Oct 1, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I know you are considering the Eden 2x10, but I am a long standing 8x10 user who has lately had to try and downsize. I have been trying a 4x10 and a 2x10 (both Ampeg) and it is not the same at all. Well, it is somewhat close, but the Ampeg 2x10 is ported and can't really dish out the power, but it is good to have something else with the 4x10 to get the max power out of the amp and to get the speakers stacked higher. If you can't have two 4x10's (the best, I think), I would consider the 1x15 Ampeg under the 4x10 which would really dish it out. It depends if you are a hardened sealed cab guy or you like the ported sound. If you like the sealed cab sound, save everyone a lot of time and money and buy two 4x10's or an 8x10. If you like the ported low end response, I think a 1x15 would better suit you than a 2x10. Let the 4x10 provide the punch and clarity that it does well and let the 1x15 provide the depth and low end fullness. The only reason the 8x10 works is because it is sealed and therefore less efficient bass-response wise, but there are so many speakers that it compensates for that - the result being very tight, clear, punchy bass.

Andy