1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 410HLF Vs. Ampeg HLF Heritage Cab for tube amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bfidel, Feb 7, 2021.

1. bfidel

bfidel

Feb 13, 2009
    Hello all: Looking for advice to pair the Ampeg SVT CL with a Cab. I'm trying to downsize from the 810 and am contemplating the SVT Heritage 410HLF Cab. I've read the ported 410HLF's don't match well with the CL. Does anyone have experience with the Heritage series? I'm unable to demo these cabs because of where I live. Thanks so much!

Bass 45 likes this.
  2. west al

west al Ready, PLAY! Supporting Member

I ran a V-4B, and a Super Bassman through a Heritage SVT-410HLF Cab. Both heads sounded great through that Cab. Several other non tube heads were used through the same cab. All sounded fine. I'd rate it as a fantastic cab.

bfidel likes this.
  3. musicman556

musicman556 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Smyrna, TN
    I can't speak to the interaction with an SVT CL, but I have both an old B series 410HLF and a 2 year old Heritage SVT410HLF. The Heritage is a GREAT cab. Fat, strong, punchy. Not at all like the woofy and hollow B series.

I think Sweetwater had a demo Heritage SVT410HLF at a discount last week. They're a little harder to find on the used market, from what I can see around Nashville.

bfidel likes this.
  4. Never gone past a Bergantino NV cab, myself.
    I found it easier than the squat SLM made 410HLF I had prior
    The 610 is many ppls favorite, but I liked the 412 and 215

5. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    Do you want the sound of the 810E, or do you want something else?

I believe the 212AV is voiced much closer to the 810e.

In general, the consensus is the 410HLFs have extended lows that can be hard to tame. I have not used any version of this cab, but the impression I get is they are hyped and a bit sloppy on the low end.

Seems most people who like the 410HLF are using fairly large solid state output sections. Tube amps have a lower damping factor than solid state amps, so they have less ability to control a sloppy cab. That doesn't mean all ported cabs suck with tube amps. The 212AV is ported, and a lot of people seem to like it just fine with the SVT.

If you simply must have a 410HLF, consensus seems to be the Heritage is worth the extra :greedy:.

Good luck!

bfidel likes this.
  6. bfidel

bfidel

Feb 13, 2009
    Well, I went with the 212av. It's being shipped so it might be a couple days. Looking forward to thumpin it!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021